November 2017

Central Council Meeting
Port
Credit Yacht Club

Nov 18th, 2017

Minutes

Attendees: Brian Thomson (Chief), Adam Farkas (Asst. Chief), Jamie Dike (Asst Chief), Bill Visser (EYC),Sue Sproule (GHPRF), Larry Huibers (SSYRA), Dale Ewbanks (ROCH) rep, Owen Schneider (TORE), John Crawley (TORW), Diana Riley (Exec. Asst), Sheena Tait (Admin. Asst), Brian Chapman – (TAC)

1)      Call to order at 12:00 pm.

2)      Approval of Minutes from March 26, 2017 
Motion to approve. Bill Visser, 2nd Adam F.

3)      Spring Training Seminar - review of outline & responsibilities.

- Ideas to expand were discussed in Executive Meeting

 -Sailwave - cover how to use & incorporate, Analyzing scoring etc.

-ensuring to always have a ‘Hands On’ workshop as part of the seminar

-Sail measuring, more detailed of how to go about getting the correct info.

4)  Class Reviews:

  1. Archambault 35 and all other Non-Mod Bowsprit Classes - deferred from last meeting.
    - Larry – motion that we allow 180 of BSL as designed. 2nd John. -  Defeated.
    - Larry – motion whereas we have a formula for SPL and Sym sail area size and whereas we have Asym sail area to BSL, and with the need to determine the effectiveness of that relationship in boats that come from the factory with that option, we will review empirical data to determine if we need to establish a correction to the current adjustment tables. 2nd Bill V. -  Carried.
  2. Crusader - Rating review and change by GHPRF - Brian Thomson
    Jamie: approves rating by district.
  3. Bluenose - based on review of Crusader above.
    Motion to adjust rating to 222. M/S John/larry.
  4. C&C 27-3 - Mainsail oversized due to our formula changes. Non compliant boats are getting advantage. - Diana Riley
    - Jamie motioned: all unmeasured mainsails will receive a 3 sec penalty. 2nd John, Carried. To be announced at the AGM.
    not including missing 7/8th

5)    Handicapping items:

a) SPINNAKER:

  • CTP 15% allowance on boats that "normally" use a sprit - Adam Farkas

- Covered in Discussions above

b) MAINSAIL:

  • From November 2016 - Review of new "Scale" for adjustments
    see mainsail motion for unmeasured sails.
    no adjustments at this time.

c) Jib:

  • HHW - Non compliant certificates - followup of review of affected certificates.

    Notes from last meeting:

- 1D 35 CF – requires further review after re-measure is done by TORE - Confirmed msmt LP% is 112.6.
- Beneteau Oceanis 411 – request re-measure, suspect HHW is in error - Updated LP% now 115.6
- C&C 115 – already adjusted +3 in Feb
- Etchells – leave with adjustment
- Evelyn – ask for re-measure on LP & HHW suspect error - NO RESPONSE FROM HANDICAPPER
- Farr 30 – leave it as majority of boats have no change
- Farr 395 – leave it
- Humbolt Bay 30 – leave it
- Hunter 27X – leave it
- J 100 – leave it
- J 22 – leave it
- Jeanneau 3200 – re-measure, suspect error - Sailmaker Certificate supplied. Confirmed at 109.1%
- Sabre Spirit – leave it
- Skud – this has been taken care of
- Tanzer – leave i

d) Point to Point racing with an Asym on a sprit separate from W/L races.
From last meeting:
Jamie Dike is still working with the TAC to look into Point to Point ratings and should be completed within 2 years and have at the very least an experimental number.

e) Fox 18 (new class) and the "What we Rate" proposal - Sue Sproule.
    Class weighs 875 pounds so would no be eligible.
Question: is this boat excluded. Yes.

6) Projects and Initiatives:

  1. Proposal for High Performance Ratings - Adam Farkas
    Trying to get a committee together to establish a HP fleet.
    - for use by IRC sailors
    - certain class boats would be HP separated fleets.
    - Meeting set for after the AGM.

  2. TOT numbers on Certificates - Diana Riley
    - do not include at this time.

  3. NFS-Delta Modified Formula - Diana Riley (from last meeting)
    - Will ask districts to identify some NFS-DELTA observed delta issues that they are aware of to get CC to look at the analysis on these.

  4. Budget Review for Projects - for Executive. None.

  5. US Sailing Fleet Assessment - Jamie D & Owen S - (From last years meeting).
    - has been able to identify that 90% of groups are not usable data.
    - will be working on wind profiles that match ours.

7) New Business:

a) Viking 33
John Crawley noted that the LWL is listed as 26.0 but should be 27.18?
Jamie says not accurate.
            John will measure in spring.

b) ODR ratings
- applying for ODR class – rules are on the web site.

7)      Adjournment – 3.30

Next CC meetings:

Winter Meeting: February 24, 2018

Spring Meeting: March 25, 2018


Meeting Calendar

loader

Next Meeting

19Jan
01.19.2019 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Annual Meeting