THE REVIEW PROCESS
In all cases, a significant amount of time and effort is put into the decision process. Many resources are used including:\
- Review of comparable classes within PHRF-LO
- Review of handicaps in other PHRF regions in North America
- The use of Velocity Prediction Formulas, such as Charlie Kramers SP or Steve Killings SP
- Input from local Handicappers and District Chief Handicappers
- Review of skill level and preparation of boat(s) being raced
- Review of our most current Analysis of Race Results........
When looking at our Race Analysis Results, many factors are considered like:
- Has the handicap been changed in recent years?
- Is there an indication that the current years analysis is reflecting a trend toward change?
- How are other similar designs performing?
- Are there individual boat results that are adversely affecting the overal analysis?
- What is the level of competition within the fleets being looked at?
These are but a few questions that are asked when looking at each and every Class of Yacht that is up for review.