Central Council Meeting
Saturday, Feb 27, 2021
Zoom Video Meeting
Supporting documents available at a later time
1) Call to order
2) Approval of Minutes from Previous meeting
3) Class Reviews:
5) Handicapping items:
d) Point to Point Handicapping
f) Bloopers - Owen Schneider -
from November meeting:
Clarification of use, legal non legal.
Action: Owen will draft wording to include in the manual
g) Ballast - Owen (deferred from Nov meeting)
a:Collection, b:storage, c: Use (ak), d: Programming nightmare
6) Projects and Initiatives:
7. Other items
a) Box rule ratings - Fran Doyle
From last meeting:
Action: Fran & Larry to speak with class reps on both sides of the border. To come up with a proposal. For next meeting.
b) Handicappers Manual Changes 2021:
- Include "Class Rules" to part of the manual title.
- FS handicap higher (slower) than NFS
- Modification to Part I re: changes to Part II, Section 6
- Keels assessments guidance
- Look into FFH allowed per our Manual
c) Handicappers Manual Changes 2022:
- Must have Headsail (see 5c)
- Sym Spinnaker Girth measurement
- Limit on minimum sym spin mid-girth
- Point to point additions including: FFH, CL
d) Setting new handicaps by Email - Owen
Modify Part 1, Section 8.2 to allow setting ratings by email.
e) Alternate TOT - Jamie Dike
We need to make much more clear recommendations when to use the alternate ToT. It currently reads;
’This alternate formula may be appropriate for use in Day Races and Interclub Events"
Something along the lines;
This alternate formula is most appropriate for fleets of boats with a longer LOA then the base PHRF-LO Handicaps (avg35’). When the weather is expected to be consistently more than 8 knots for the entire series.
Next CC meetings:
Spring Meeting: March 29, 2020
|Garry Cooke (1)|
|Adam Farkas (1)|
|Brian Thomson (1)|
Powered by iCagenda