November 18, 2017
Attending: Mike Campbell (Pres), Bill Topping (V.Pres), Alison Jones (Sec/Tres), Brian Thomson (Chief Hand), Adam Farkas (Asst. Chief Toronto), Jamie Dike (Asst. Chief Non-Toronto), Diana Riley (Exec Asst), Sheena Tait (Admin Asst)
- Call to Order 9am
- Acceptance of Minutes from Nov 2016 – Alison Accept, Bill Topping 2nd
- Executive Slate Review for 2018 – All continuing
- Training & Education Seminars- Bill Topping
a) AGM – Present same at AGM
b) Spring Training
- 2018 Barrie Hosting
- Will be moved around yearly
- Same program running for 3yrs
Program inclusions suggested:
- Quick overview of all class handicap changes and reasons.
- Race Scoring – Quick score & Sailwave
- SP vs ASP
- Results analysis and interpretation by Central Council
- Handicappers Manual items
- Sail Measuring (for end of day)
- Speakers such as sail makers, naval architects, boat builders etc
Bill T, offered to work on putting together a planned course of action for presenting this.
5. Financial Review & Budget Proposal – Alison & Diana
a) 2017 Financial Review
– PHRF down 100 Boats for the year, due to the Weather conditions, caused by widespread flooding.
- Income reduced to the Non-renewal of these Boats
- Invoice Fees are now Due “upon Reciept”
- - Clubs with no renewals during 2017 will be asked to contribute the minimum in order to sustain membership with PHRF-LO.
- - Clubs will be informed that we are willing to discuss the Race credit based on racing conditions for 2017.
Alison motioned: At the Discretion of Executive? Request for Race Results to get Credit Based on 2017 will be Waived, due to the 2017 Conditions (flooding/ high water levels) in Ontario. Jaimie 2nd, Motioned Carried
**NOTE: Annual PHRF AGM will NOT be held in conjunction with the OSA as they are holding their AGM in Nov **
b) Promotion of events using our Handicapping system- Mike Campbell
c) Admin Remuneration - unknown at time of posting minutes
d) Project review
- Online Certificate Approval of $5000
e) 2018 Budget Proposal
f) High Water Levels – effect on Certificates
WHYRA- No racing but renewed most Certificates
GRYC – Paul said would renew but has not as of yet
SGA – no renewals in the past 2 years
MBSC, LSYA, NBYC ?
- LSYA will be Dropped as an Association, and each Member Club will be asked to join Individually
Refer to actions being taken in 5 a) for Clubs that were affected by flooding
g) Regatta Master Award – Promotion – Alison & Diana
-Proposal for PHRF-LO to award a Boat of the Year
- Poster at Events that are part of it, to help encourage participation
- Will run off of Race Results via a ‘Scoring’ System (yet to be determined)
h) Support charity with free ratings: Adam.
Provided by Handicappers only – amendment
6. From last meeting
a) Member Review:
DROP: - Trident Yacht Club
-Quebec Yacht Club
- Fifty Point Yacht Club
- SGA was added by the Executive
- Member minimum number of Certificates
- Tabled to be reviewed once Online Certificates become available.
- Member compliance review
- Tabled until Online Certificates available
b) Online Certificate (Events Certificates) Update- Diana
-Approved for 2018 Expense for programming
- Will ONLY be accessible by /to Handicappers
- 1 yr to Collect Data & Information
c) Promotion of Events – Mike Campbell
-Logo on hats
- Slogan "You meet the nicest people ..."
- Facebook Page - done.
- Brochure for Distribution at Boat Show
- 3 Clubs applied for 2017
- Only 1 Club has submitted invoice and been Paid by PHRF
- 1 Club has NOT submitted an Invoice as Required
d) Project Review- Diana
Website Migration – Completed
HP Boats – No action needed at this time.
7. New Business
a) Access to Handicappers Worksheet
-Tabled until online certs available
-restricted to only CC, once the online cert is avail
b) PHRF Championship- Brian Chapman
- Brian asked on behalf of LYRA, that PHRF help Promote LYRA via the Newsletter, Calendar & Website
- Brian, Bill V. and Bill T to work out a “Deed of Gift”
- Open only to PHRF Cert holders, Racing in PHRF Fleets
8) Next Meeting: Tentatively Scheduled November 17, 2018, 9:00 am
9) Adjournment of Executive @ 12pm