Your Central Council of Handicappers reviewed the NFS-Delta changes for 2020.
Most classes will see a change to the NFS handicap, but on average, everyone in your fleet will have similar changes.
Approximately 85% of boats will be within 3 sec/nm change or 18 seconds for an hour long race.
Final review of the handicaps will be done at the next Central Council meeting, which is currently being set up as a conference call due to the current COVID-19 environement.
If you are wondering "How will this affect our fleet?", work with your club scorer to rescore some races from a prior season with the new TOD values.
How where the numbers decided?
Several suggested motions helped reduce the individual classes that required a review:
- If the NFS-Delta change is +/- 3, apply the change to the NFS-SP only. (with exceptions)
- If the NFS-Delta change is > +/- 3 and there are no NFS races, apply to NFS-SP only.
- If the NFS-Delta change is > +/- 3 and there are no certificates, apply the change to the NFS-SP only.
The first of the reviews were done while reviewing the Alert Classes and this resulted in a small number of changes:
- Abbott 33 & OB - the FS-SP was adjusted +6 and NFS-SP -3, for a total of -9 overall.
- C&C 27-2 & MOD - the FS-SP was adjusted +3 and NFS-SP -6, for a total of -9 overall.
- X 102 & Cus 1 - the FS-SP was adjusted +6 and NFS-SP -6, for a total of -12 overall.
All other classes were updated to the Jim Teeters co-effeicents for Windward Leeward 8.